Post material instances.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post material instances.

Hey right now you can load post materials but i dont think you can load instances. If we were able to load instances for post materials it would cut down the pak sizes by a lot, it would allow for post material effect states, so we could make it gradually wear off and what not without needing to have huge pak sizes.

Here is how you load in post materials at the moment.
    Code:
    AddPostProcessMaterial("pmats", UMaterialInterface.LoadFromAsset("/posteffects/PostProcess/PPM_TS_InkAndPaper_BallPoint_old"))
    This is how i think instances should be loaded according to how its handled in unreal engine.
    Code:
    AddPostProcessMaterial("pmats", UMaterialInterface.LoadFromAsset("/posteffects/PostProcess/PPM_TS_InkAndPaper_BallPoint_old"), UMaterialInstance.LoadFromAsset("/posteffects/PostProcess/Instances/PPM_TS_InkAndPaper_BallPoint_BalanceRP"))
    If you want to know more about post material instances, click here.
    Last edited by REDRUM; 02-02-2020, 05:35 PM.

That should already be possible. UMaterialInstance inherits UMaterialInterface, it should be fine to use both but I'd suggest to just use UMaterialInterface for LoadFromAsset.

Did you create a material instance from the original material (through right clicking on the original one) for your testing?

Comment

Yes I got them working in onsetsdk as instances, but each time i try and load them using the material interface, the instances returns true but does nothing while the main post material asset loads in no problem. I've tried multiple things but never succeeded.

EDIT: My parent material path wasnt right, setting it to link with my path contents got everything working nicely.
      Last edited by REDRUM; 02-09-2020, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X