Add Doors to the Object ID system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Doors to the Object ID system

Currently I am having to do a lot of work arounds to see if a player is touching or a line trace is impacting a door.

The HitID will return 0 on a door because it is not in the object ID system. Although the returned hittype is object.

Could we add doors to this so we can get ID's of hit doors as they are a fairly interactble object.

Or any other way to get a door ID before a client interaction (such as E).

Thanks

Added to Trello.
    Game Developer @ Onset RP // Early Access tester // Wiki Contributor

Comment

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by bittenfleax View Post
        Currently I am having to do a lot of work arounds to see if a player is touching or a line trace is impacting a door.

The HitID will return 0 on a door because it is not in the object ID system. Although the returned hittype is object.

Could we add doors to this so we can get ID's of hit doors as they are a fairly interactble object.

Or any other way to get a door ID before a client interaction (such as E).

Thanks
        So what I do is look into the default package for It's CreateDoor, comment it out and spawn those doors in the package I want to use those doors with.
        From there I make a table at which I can call for them and make whatever checks I need.

Comment

Working...
        X