This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom assets

What types of custom asset mods are planned, such as vehicles, models/objects, character models? I understand this won't be a possibility until after release
    Last edited by Charlie; 06-29-2019, 10:12 PM.

You will be able to texture objects from the very beginning. https://dev.playonset.com/wiki/SetObjectTexture
    Modding objects/meshes with your custom one will is on the roadmap.
    As for vehicles/characters which is a lot more complex we will have to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by Talos View Post
      You will be able to texture objects from the very beginning. https://dev.playonset.com/wiki/SetObjectTexture
      Modding objects/meshes with your custom one will is on the roadmap.
      As for vehicles/characters which is a lot more complex we will have to look into.
      Will we be able to create models and custom lighting patterns similar to FiveM / Five Reborn for Gta V?
      This is truly what im looking forward to the most, not to bash on the current emergency vehicles / lighting patters but i find them very plain.

Id like to see custom lighting patters and vehicle models, i suggest looking at fivem and how they do it to try and replicate it. I currently play FiveM, but this game sparks my interest.

Comment

• luca1197
        luca1197 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, custom emergency lights would be really good. The possibility to exchange the lightbar would be even better.

• VacEx
        VacEx commented
        Editing a comment
        luca1197 yes, that as well. But the lightbar I assume is part of the vehicle model, meaning if custom vehicle models are a thing lightbars would be as well.

You can mod and load your custom assets in game using LoadPak, and replace meshes. And then you can attach those objects to players, vehicles, or whatever you like and use them for custom weapons too as weapon modding was made available in alpha 1.8.0.
      Game Developer @ Onset RP // Early Access tester // Wiki Contributor

Comment

Working...
      X