A Few Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Suggestions

I think there should be different index for Vehicle objects and Character skins. So that, individual items can be attached at different index. For Skins, there can be BODY_PART_X index.. pointing towards a bone on the body, like head or chest, abdomen, groin, thighs, arms, etc etc.. This way many customisation options opens up and also, server sided custom damage system can be done using these. Ofs you will be needing a callback like OnPlayerReceiveDamage, OnPlayerShoot etc etc...

And Vehicle have it, individual wheels, bumper, boot, hood, ceiling etc.... This way, Vehicle can be customised from level 0. Which is really great for Roleplay servers. Ability to just change a specific part, like spoiler.. or rims or tires, headlights..

Another suggestion is the ability to have server sided custom Objects, Textures, Sound Files, vehicles to be allowed... I think it is possible to to add bones (or indices) using blender or other softwares. Onset should provide a sync with it. These items can directly be accessed from the host.. or they can be downloaded on client machine as cache (like SAMP 0.3DL). This will also increase the scope of custom mapping.

Lua doesn't offer the so called `define` operative that Pawn does, that replaces keywords with values during compilation, you'll need to create a variable for that and set the value of these.
    It just a comfortable way to work with numbers hidden behind words, you can still make things.

About custom damage sys, we still don't know how Onset works and if it even needs one, moreover, I am sure Talos would be happy to support such thing natively, so people wouldn't need to discover and download security patches.

About specifically the callbacks you mentioned, there are OnPlayerDamage and OnPlayerWeaponShot, you can change the damage by using SetPlayerHealth under OnPlayerDamage

Comment

Good points, all of that is possible. You can attach objects using this function https://dev.playonset.com/wiki/SetObjectAttached where the SocketName parameter defines the bone to be attached.

Event to handle weapon shots: https://dev.playonset.com/wiki/OnPlayerWeaponShot

Comment

Working...
      X