Here's a few suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a few suggestions.

After working with onset for two months, I feel like a few things i would like to see added to the game. The list is in no particular order.
    1. Particles that we can emit, maybe some sort of effects like smoke or gas leak ect.
    2. Ways for us to customize the ui other players see above your head.
    3. Ability to customize the chat ui.
    4. More flexibility or options when it comes to adding 3DText and the player chat text.(glow from the server list and utf8 icons would be great & Color to 3dText)
    5. A way to set the players walk, run and sprint speed.
    6. A way to set players jump height.
    7. A way to set physics to change gravity and acceleration of a player.

Other than that i have one big suggestion, its sort of a big stretch but hear me out..

I feel like the map is restricting a lot of creativity at the moment. Custom game modes are always going be impacted by the fact you can't remove or edit the map. I will admit that since each server has the same map onset can get stale rather fast. Exploring other servers will get boring since each server feels the same. If we could edit the actual map buildings or just unload it and load your own it would be great.

An other thing would be to revamp the way assets are downloaded for each server since the downloads are very slow at the moment. I could import a bunch of models into the game and make some higher quality content but from my experience 4mb takes approx 35 seconds to download & i have 500mb/s down and 120mb/s up.

These are some of my current limitations, overall the game is evolving great and looking foward to see what is added next. Let me know if you disagree with any of these or know of a way of doing any of them now.

1. Mind being explicit?
    2. ^^
    3. Talos is working on some parts of the chat UI, however you can change the font styles, sizes and colour by using <a> tags.
    4. Talos already has that on his workplan for future updates.
    5. ^^
    6. I am not sure how this is possible, so only Talos can comment on it.
    7. You can set player velocity using the natives that you have, as for as the gravity modification, I suggested that to Talos some time ago.

... and regarding the map, I believe there's some UE4 limitation and that's why we can't do that, because it's a really helpful feature for servers to remove whatever object they want to and then they can simply add their own. Another way to easily share your server cache would be to add the unique cache id parameter to your server config, find your server cache folder and then .zip it. Once again, I'm not sure about the UE4 thing so Talos can only confirm that.
    Game Developer @ Onset RP // Early Access tester // Wiki Contributor

Comment

Originally posted by Logic_ View Post
      1. Mind being explicit?
      2. ^^
      3. Talos is working on some parts of the chat UI, however you can change the font styles, sizes and colour by using <a> tags.
      4. Talos already has that on his workplan for future updates.
      5. ^^
      6. I am not sure how this is possible, so only Talos can comment on it.
      7. You can set player velocity using the natives that you have, as for as the gravity modification, I suggested that to Talos some time ago.

... and regarding the map, I believe there's some UE4 limitation and that's why we can't do that, because it's a really helpful feature for servers to remove whatever object they want to and then they can simply add their own. Another way to easily share your server cache would be to add the unique cache id parameter to your server config, find your server cache folder and then .zip it. Once again, I'm not sure about the UE4 thing so Talos can only confirm that.
      1. One example would be say there is an electrical panel behind a building, I would like to be able to make electricty sparks emit from the panel to indicate to a maintenance job that it needs fixing. Another example, I recently imported a cigar, when a player smokes in game it gives them that object but currently there's no way to add smoke particles.
      2. So above a players head it says their name, health ect... I would like to be able to re arrange it/add and remove stuff to that such as if a player is wanted by the law or display their organization name ect...
      3. I want to add a command suggestion to the chat ui and some more data such a toggle-able player list with all the player ids with features such as clicking on their name to add a chat preset(/pm [id of player you clicked on])
      7. I have only found vehicle velocity. What i'm trying to do is create some sort of bhopping that you would experience on counter strike.

Thanks for reviewing my suggestions, if there's anything else please let me know!
      Last edited by REDRUM; 02-16-2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Logic_
        Logic_ commented
        Editing a comment
        1. Yeah, that would be dope.
        2. You can use Text 3D labels and attach them to the player.
        3. You can toggle the default game chat, and script your own using CEF to support that.

• REDRUM
        REDRUM commented
        Editing a comment
        2. Yes but what about adding an other progress bar or removing health or armour hud ?
        3. Yes that is true but then i would have to make my own functions to replace everything related to the chat, it would be a lot of work.

• Logic_
        Logic_ commented
        Editing a comment
        2. Can probably be a suggestion for future updates.
        3. You would have to do that yourself as I doubt developer would add such heavy feature which might not be used for everyone. The game only aims to provide a toolset and basic features built-in.

As for #1, take a look at Weapons.lua and look up "particle". That's how to spawn emitters/particles.

Comment

Working...
      X