Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticheat software for Onset

Hey,

I'm bringing this up since adding some kind of anticheat is inevitable in a case of game like this. If (and when) the game becomes commercial success and gains some playerbase, the cheat and hack developers will start creating new cheats for the game right away.

EasyAntiCheat was acquired by Epic Games recently and it's been nicely integrated into the engine, so it could be an option. On the other hand, the nature of the game will probably require ability to block execution of set script commands with anticheat, and Battleye developers have extensive experience from it after working for years eg. with Arma developers. I think that we'll really need the ability to block remote execution of script commands, as otherwise the anticheat is mostly useless since the cheat developers can just use the readily available remote execution of script commands in the game to create their cheats.

What do you think about it?

Easy Anti Cheat should work fine, you'll need to inject a script executer to run lua scripts anyway if they've already implemented protection for clientside script execution.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
      Easy Anti Cheat should work fine, you'll need to inject a script executer to run lua scripts anyway if they've already implemented protection for clientside script execution.
      Sounds good to me

Comment

Working...
      X