Basic RP gamemode and it's features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic RP gamemode and it's features

When the game releases we do want to provide out of the box working gamemodes and scripts. One of them being a roleplay mode.

The goal of this thread is to get a list together for the most important features that make up a fun experience.

Remember to keep this basic at the beginning and within the scope of our scripting system (https://dev.playonset.com/wiki/Main_Page)

Reserved.......

Comment

I’m not sure how the server thing will go on, so sorry if I say something stupid,

If there are going to be public servers will there be mods for misbehaving people?

Can we have a weather system

Can we have ingâme chat for those who don’t have mics

Can we have pets ingame

Comment

1.Basic police/ems fractions with functions like : jail, cuff, fines, heal.
        2.Car system - lock/unlock car, trunk
        3.Inventory sys
        4. Base economy
        5. Animations
        6. Phone sys
        7. Garages/homes sys
        Last edited by pchel; 06-30-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desiré View Post
          I’m not sure how the server thing will go on, so sorry if I say something stupid,

If there are going to be public servers will there be mods for misbehaving people?

Can we have a weather system

Can we have ingâme chat for those who don’t have mics

Can we have pets ingame
          Yes, there will be 'admin' or 'mod' scripts to manage your users as you wish.

Weather system is totally possible.

There is text chat. You could even create your own chat system with HTML/CSS/JS.

There are no animals or such, so pet system would be difficult.

Originally posted by pchel View Post
          1.Basic police/ems fractions with functions like : jail, cuff, fines, heal.
          2.Car system - lock/unlock car, trunk
          3.Inventory sys
          4. Base economy
          5. Animations
          6. Phone sys
          7. Garages/homes sys
          1. Okay, that would include animations for each interaction.
          2. That's possible https://dev.playonset.com/wiki/SetVehicleTrunkRatio
          3. Possible with the HTML gui system.
          4. Like having shops or people delivering stuff?
          5. https://dev.playonset.com/wiki/SetPlayerAnimation
          6. Interesting, maybe a custom GUI in conjunction with animations.
          7. Sounds good, maybe even with furniture.

Comment

I think the things a roleplay game entails is :

1 -buy able houses which you can customise with furniture while also storing stuff inside lets say cupboards.
            2 -buy able cars which you can customise e.g colour, engine, brakes, turbo etc
            3 -Police/ems jobs which allow them to respond to situations and do basic things e.g cuff people, grab people and put them in the back of a cruiser, revive people.
            4 -Gang Faction and maybe gang turf but not needed.
            5 -Many different jobs e.g delivery, fishing, lumberjack etc. (don't want everyone being a criminal)
            6 -Many illegal places like weed farms, cocaine lockups etc but don't reveal them on the map. need to be found.
            7 -A wide range of vehicles to purchase.
            8 - Interactive phone / ability to call people and text people while also providing some other basic stuff like weather.
            9 - A wide range of guns
            10 - Inventory system
            11 - (This aint needed but i really like the idea) Buyable yachts
            12 - Robbable banks (creates good RP with cops)

Comment

I like the idea of some sort of crafting (can be basic) for weapons which obviously require raw materials. I think this would increase player interactions as newer players who dont know how to craft guns or cant (if there was some sort of leveling system) would need to buy from others.

My first point leads on to some sort of leveling system which would enable a progressive stance of gameplay for players instead of just jumping straight to the top tier money making stuff.

Lastly, some some of robbably properties whether that be a few gas stations or jewlery stores and banks.

Comment

A few things I just really like/seem fun in FiveM (gta modded servers)

1. Being able to get an apartment and invite friends
                2. Buying cool and fast cars
                3. Being able to farm weed in your apartment or other illegal drugs to make money
                4. Great places like a park to sit with a lot of people and host events
                5. Caravan cars for multiple people that can roll out a sunshield / place a few chairs to make ultimate roleplay experience with camping.

If I think of more I will edit the post

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions.

Anyone actually interested in a prison where you can get jailed and other players act as security?

Comment

• jay
                    jay commented
                    Editing a comment
                    and yes, a functional prison with player-run jobs as well.

Originally posted by Talos View Post

Anyone actually interested in a prison where you can get jailed and other players act as security?
                  I'm working on a gamemode with rebels vs police, this would be a good gamemode to learn from.

Comment

It can work if there is alot of people in the same server.

because you will need a good playerbase to make it fun.

Comment

If the script is really, "Basic" There is no need for advanced systems like inventory or real life economy or anything tbh. Base scripts should provided Car Engine System, Login/Register features using Database and that would be it.... Thats called skeleton script.. Just the smell of actual dish.

Comment

A basic RP script should have an inventory. Login/Register is like the bare minimum of any gamemode.

Comment

A basic RP script should have an inventory. Login/Register is like the bare minimum of any gamemode.
                          Is there a need for login/register when you got Steam auth on?

imo, I'd auto-register every person that enters the server and just have a cron job running to remove inactive accounts (those who did not enter for a year)

Comment

Originally posted by Kaperstone View Post
                            Is there a need for login/register when you got Steam auth on?

imo, I'd auto-register every person that enters the server and just have a cron job running to remove inactive accounts (those who did not enter for a year)
                            Yes, the login and register system works by comparing the SteamId. So no passwords required.

Once you join a server the account will be created automatically. To be honest I would only delete accounts on request. What if a player decided to come back after two years just to find out that their 100 hour character is gone.

Comment

Working...
                            X