Cottonwood Island - Roleplay Community - Whitelisted - cottonwoodisland.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonwood Island - Roleplay Community - Whitelisted - cottonwoodisland.com

Click image for larger versionName:	Logo_Main.pngViews:	0Size:	374.7 KBID:	586

Introduction

I'm here today to introduce the Onset roleplay server myself and Jake are creating. Myself and Jake both come from an ArmA 3 background. We both developed at ArmA 3 Project Life for around 8 months, we left that project behind many months ago. Jake is a map developer and I am a software engineer. Between being staff members and developers, myself and Jake have 4 years community management/development experience combined.

When we heard about Onset, it's customizability and large range of assets we knew for sure this would be a great platform for a new roleplay community. We have seen so many standalone roleplay games fail (some closer to us than others ) and we thought it would never become a reality to have a modern, performant roleplay server that can handle large amounts of players. We have been getting very excited about the possibilities presented to us by Onset.

Cottonwood Island

Cottonwood Island is 1 of only 3 islands in the state of Nevada. Located in the Colorado River in Clark County, it was about 10 miles long and 3 miles wide. The island is now submerged under Lake Mohave, last seen in a 1911 US Geographical Services report.

hen choosing the name of our community we wanted something unique, partially based off a real-life location and of course in the state of Nevada, that Onset is based on.

Server Details

Website (Just a landing page for now) - http://cottonwoodisland.com
    Discord - https://discord.gg/GZpvhwU

We will be releasing forums closer to the time of game release to allow for whitelisting applications and such. We may also be providing development updates/conducting polls so be sure to join our Discord server to keep up to date!

Thank you,
    David & Jake
    Cottonwood Island Developers
    Last edited by David White; 10-25-2019, 09:54 PM.

I like the name and the location. Was driving on US93 next to the Colorado River last year. Gave me some good inspiration for Onsets level design.
    What will be the first features to be added to your server?

Comment

Originally posted by Talos View Post
      I like the name and the location. Was driving on US93 next to the Colorado River last year. Gave me some good inspiration for Onsets level design.
      What will be the first features to be added to your server?
      From talking with people in our Discord/looking through the available assets after the initial framework and base feature set up we will be working on a garbage truck job and a freight/delivery truck job. While illegal activities will be a thing, some of the best roleplay I have ever experienced has come through civilian interactions.

Another important thing would definitely be EMS actions, being able to call for help using a phone and having EMS and Police be able to see these 911 calls. One thing I said time and time again while managing previous communities is that great roleplay does not come from development features, it comes from creativity and well thought out actions. Features are nice, but nothing creates a sense of community and belonging like good player-to-player interactions!

Comment

Working...
      X