Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOOL Package Manager

Ayeup,

Here is a little package that gives server owners the ability to start, stop and restart their packages without having to constantly restart the server. I made it as having dual screens, the game and server on screen one was getting abit annoying, and i'm personally lazy to move the console from screen 1 to 2 all the time.

I've decided to release this as it's a common annoyance to some people for restarting the server, so now - no need to!

This is an up-to-date package from Summit Roleplay. If you find any bugs with the package, please let me know via Discord (1B0Y#0001)

Installation
    Simply drop this into your packages folder, link it in the server config and off you go!

NOTE: Any player can use these commands unless you restrict them. An example is left in the main source code. Implement your own kind of restriction to what seems fit.

WARNING: Restarting the package manager will cause the server to hang, then close. We're aware of this bug and I do believe checks are going in place in general for Onset. DO NOT restart the package manager. If you need to, restart the server instead.

Download:
    https://github.com/1B0Y/OnsetScripts

Updates
    27/12/2019: Added /pkg <start/stop/restart> <package_name> as requested by Bambo.
    15/12/2019: Fixed a typo causing the script to break when using /start, moved files to GitHub as forum no like my files
    14/12/2019: Added script debugging - use /debugscript to toggle.
    14/12/2019: Initial Release.
    Last edited by 1B0Y; 12-27-2019, 09:55 PM.

Well done boyo.
    Game Developer @ Onset RP // Early Access tester // Wiki Contributor

Comment

Package has been updated to V1.1

NEW: /debugscript. Use this command to now debug your scripts! Any errors being reported will simply output to the server and chat ingame.

Comment

How do I use this like what buttons do I press or what do I write in chat

Comment

Nice script, thx boy !

Comment

Package updated, now including RUNCODE! Also moved everything to github for easy access as forum no like my packs:
            https://github.com/1B0Y/OnsetScripts

ENJOY!

Comment

good job =)

Comment

Just a quick update regarding the GitHub I've opened up - If you have any improvements and would like to contribute towards these packages, fork, implement and send a pull request!

I'll do a quick review to check if the code works and will most likely pull it into the live build

Comment

UPDATE: Pushed new fix which caused non-existing packages to be classed as "found". Please update via Git.

Comment

Great work, just one suggestion. Instead of 3 commands, make it like: /pkg <start/stop/restart> <pkgname>

Comment

Thanks for this!

Comment

Originally posted by stking View Post
                        Great work, just one suggestion. Instead of 3 commands, make it like: /pkg <start/stop/restart> <pkgname>
                        Doable. I could keep the old commands in for nostalgia feels from MTA server owners and add this in as well

...Give me an hour, this will be a thing.

EDIT: Done Bambo
                        Last edited by 1B0Y; 12-27-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1B0Y View Post

Doable. I could keep the old commands in for nostalgia feels from MTA server owners and add this in as well

...Give me an hour, this will be a thing.

EDIT: Done Bambo
                          Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                          X