This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Features

Hey, the community I work for just discovered this game. So far it looks pretty good.

However, we have a few concerns...

What features are currently available? Can we stream custom police cars, cars, weapons buildings ect....

Would we be able to create a custom map for our players to play on? Not the basic map in the game.

Can we change the characters to include more clothing, different races, hairstyles ect...

Were just trying to get a rough idea of what we can do here. Is it anywhere as capable as FiveM?

Thank you.
    Last edited by OlDaky; 01-04-2020, 05:14 PM.

Are you asking if a indie can do the same as a 2 235 members company?

No seriously, ofc not. But Onset is really promising, tou actually can't add object to the world (but replace existing one). But Onset is better than FiveM in term of development, you can (almost) only write code from server-side. This is pretty good for us.

Comment

Plus this game has been released for roughly a month in early access to think of so which means the product is not finished.
      Honestly to leave FiveM now would be a waist but wait a month or perhaps a few and rethink about it then.

This game is very promising and by buying the early access we all gave Talos a budget to expand the game even further and faster so to compare it with GTA is just over the top by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Izio View Post
        Are you asking if a indie can do the same as a 2 235 members company?

No seriously, ofc not. But Onset is really promising, tou actually can't add object to the world (but replace existing one). But Onset is better than FiveM in term of development, you can (almost) only write code from server-side. This is pretty good for us.
        Yes, I am asking that. Because being able to add objects into a game is extremely important for any real community to take the game seriously. No offense I would prefer to hear from a developer or someone who has experienced building a server//scripting. Don't get me wrong the game is very promising right now. We're just trying to figure what state the game is in before we fully commit.
        Last edited by OlDaky; 01-04-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Not sure what 180d this thread lol

Steam says I've spent about 265 hours on this game so far (granted, some of it is from forgetting to close it overnight etc.) but the majority is from development time. I can say for certain this game has been well worth the time. I've got a lot of faith in this game.

What features are currently available? Can we stream custom police cars, cars, weapons buildings ect....
          There's a ton of things you can do in Onset, the only issue is - you'd have to either make it, or use a package that someone has already made from the limited (yet growing) list. If you're a developer or have a developer, the Dev Wiki will speak for the game itself dev.playonset.com - As for importing custom cars, weapons, buildings - it is very possible. Here's an image from some super nutty french dudes who have imported some custom vehicles and an image from some more talented people over at Onset Pursuits. Even player models Now - I'm not saying doing these tasks are easy, but it's definitely possible and people have proved it.

Would we be able to create a custom map for our players to play on? Not the basic map in the game.
          Creating a fully custom map isn't technically possible atm (I could be mistaken, but I believe I've seen some talk about it being possible to import a fully custom map at some point in the games future) - But adding onto the current map is 100% possible. Here's a bar that Znaph has made and a government building SalsiTV has made.

Can we change the characters to include more clothing, different races, hairstyles ect...
          Absolutely possible! I will say - there's is a very limited amount of clothing/hair/races/sex to choose from, but it's possible to do some small customization.

Were just trying to get a rough idea of what we can do here. Is it anywhere as capable as FiveM?
          Yes - Yes - Yes It may not be as flexible as FiveM, but we're just now coming up to a month of the game being released to us. Who knows what things Talos is gonna release next, no really, who knows cause we don't have a roadmap lol

SO - With the absolute novel out of the way, time for a conclusion.
          If you're a developer who's looking for a new game to expand their community with (doesn't even have to be RP, this game can expand to so many other gamemodes) this is absolutely something to keep on your radar. If you're someone looking to play, I can't say it's the best time to pick up the game. Server Devs are still working super hard on putting their servers together, I for one am still working hard but it's slowly but surely coming together. So if you're a player, it might be best to wait a bit before taking another look at the game.

Comment

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking to hear!! We're gonna start development ASAP.

Comment

Working...
            X