Attaching object to player make them change size on client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching object to player make them change size on client

I created a package that let me pickup object in my player hands. I can then drop it on the ground. I found out that the object GetObjectSize() (client side) change everytime I attach it to my player then detach it. I also verified on the server if the scale of the object was changing but no, it is still 1x1x1 in scale.

Exemple: I attached a picture with multiple chair, I get the size of each object (GetObjectSize) whenever my player pick them up. I then use that size in order to sort them correctly on the truck but as you can see, all of these chair are misaligned because the size always change randomly by a little. I also added a second picture showing the size of the object everytime I pick it up and the scale of the object everytime I put it down.

Note that this bug was seen on all object and that I never touch the scale of the object when I attach it to the player.

English isn't my first language so forgive the many spelling mistake.

I also added this picture. On the left, there is a toilet that was spawned directly which will always have the exact size of x: 155.359375 y: 156.3359375 z:302.95336914063. On the right is a toilet that was attached to a player and then detached. The result of GetObjectSize is x: 204.59375 y:206.2609375 z:309.08276367188. Both of them look the same but the result of GetObjectSize is bugged and this cause issue with my package since I use this result to place object in the back of my truck.

Comment

Should be fixed in Onset 1.0.1

Onset 1.0.1 (Protocol Compatibility 1)

Client changes
      • Fix GetObjectSize returning incorrect values when being attached.
      https://forum.playonset.com/forum/ma...37-onset-1-0-1

Comment

Sadly this bug isn't fix! Tried it again today.

Comment

Working...
        X